FORUMS: list search recent posts

Custom Project Settings

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Jones
Custom Project Settings
on Aug 3, 2010 at 5:20:25 pm

Hello All,
I am trying to develop a script that will allow me and my studio to change projects quickly and easily. However the catch is that with each project, the image file directory changes. So I can’t just change the project directory. We don’t use Maya’s custom file directory system because of our pipeline. After looking through all of the MEL and Python documentation, I’ve only found a MEL function that will allow you to change the project directory. I want to change the IMAGES directory directly. I really don’t need to change the project directory settings. Our pipeline is to type in the absolute path for the images directory. I want to simplify this process by making a script. So I guess my question is, how do I change the Images directory for a project, using MEL/Python script? I’m able to code everything else. It would surprise me if Autodesk left out a function of that sort in Maya 2011. Any and all help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Stephen

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
Re: Custom Project Settings
on Aug 3, 2010 at 7:43:31 pm

Hi

use something like this, just change the path
this is MEL

workspace -fileRule "images" "/home/varomix/RENDERs"

that'll do it
and it will auto create the folder if it doesn't exist
----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

Callie Roder
on Aug 17, 2010 at 11:21:37 pm

Thanks for the tip!

Return to posts index

Chris Caufield
on Aug 31, 2010 at 3:07:05 am

Hey Guys,
I was wondering if you could help me. I am starting a personal short film and I need to set up all the shots, there are about 80 of them. I don't want to go thru Project/New/ and then use the defaults or type in what I want, that would take forever, and honestly, I would like to learn how it's done. I was trying to use the echo commands from the script editor, and try and script it out, but they is very little info given there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Chris

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]