FORUMS: list search recent posts

expressions, uber advanced question!!11one

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
charlie hughes
expressions, uber advanced question!!11one
on Jul 21, 2010 at 7:36:12 pm

Google and maya help have not been helpful for this:

Expressions: Is there a way to have the translate Y of multiple objects linked in such a way that moving any of them upward will move them all upward? Or, like parenting, does there have to be a father figure here... I have three controllers for my character's jaw. UP/DOWN, LEFT/RIGHT, BACK/FORTH. In case I want to roll the jaw back/forth AND up/down, i want to add a controller that moves the UP/DOWN controller with Y and the LEFT/RIGHT controller with X. Parenting, grouping or a simple translateX : translateX expression will only work one way, preventing the freedom to grab either controller.

Possible fix? Adding set driven keys for both controls to the SAME blendshape (it turns yellow when i do this, is that bad?) but then i get a double effect because my controllers are independently adding! Also, the controllers don't move around to indicate their use.

Return to posts index

Michiel Duvekot
Re: expressions, uber advanced question!!11one
on Jul 21, 2010 at 10:08:09 pm

If you want to implement something like this as an expression, you run into one immediate problem; expressions don't evaluate unless you're playing back the scene

Since you're not doing that when you move the locators, it follows that you can't do this with expressions.

You really need to rethink this one. I would look into using conditions.

Michiel
http://www.thnkr.com

Return to posts index

charlie hughes
Re: expressions, uber advanced question!!11one
on Jul 21, 2010 at 10:18:02 pm

Are those conditional statements? I'm lost. Aren't those expressions?

So like, if (control one) moves in x, then perform the action of (control two) moving in x?

Anybody know how that goes? (haha)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]