FORUMS: list search recent posts

importing

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tony hayes
importing
on Jun 23, 2010 at 4:25:44 am

How do I import one scene into another scene in Maya. Sounds like a dumb question or maybe I just have a bug in the system. When I try to import one scene into another i.e. the one I have open currently, Maya just tells me it doesn't recognize the file extension
Tony Hayes

Return to posts index

Michiel Duvekot
Re: importing
on Jun 23, 2010 at 4:29:44 pm

And what is the file extension?

Return to posts index

tony hayes
on Jun 23, 2010 at 8:50:45 pm

HI Michiel, thank-you for your response, I think I worked out what's the problem. Could you please tell me if this sounds correct. I did change the file extension to Maya binary (*.mb) but this wasn't enough because then it said I didn't have any legal characters in the name of the file which was just a number. So I named the file using letters instead of just giving it a number and now it seems happy to import. Does all this sound normal?
Tony Hayes

Return to posts index

Michiel Duvekot
on Jun 23, 2010 at 9:26:37 pm

You shouldn't have to add the .mb extension; that part sounds suspicious. Maya does have issues with file names that are only numbers; that is a familiar problem and your solution is fine.

Return to posts index

tony hayes
on Jun 24, 2010 at 1:59:36 am

Hi Michiel
It seems to be O.K. doing it this way but its very reassuring to hear it can be a problem from someone like yourself. I'm very appreciative of your feedback, thank-you very much. Happy Mayering
Tony Hayes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]