FORUMS: list search recent posts

adding gravity field to 'orange slices'

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rachel Yonda
adding gravity field to 'orange slices'
on May 26, 2010 at 4:33:57 pm

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me out with a problem I'm having trying to simulate a sliced sphere (like an orange) falling apart. All I'm looking for is a simple, simultaneous action. I start out with all slices (10 total) fitting together to make the sphere shape, sitting on a plane (passive rigid body). When I add the gravity field to just one slice, I get the desired effect- the slice falls backward and rocks on it's round edge. When I try to create this effect on the other 9 slices (I made sure to create separate rigid bodies + freeze transformations for each) I can't seem to get these pieces to behave the same way. It seems as if they get stuck together. I've tried this with just two of the slices side by side, and still, they seem stuck together.

I've been trying over and over again and just cannot seem to figure out how to get these slices/wedges to loosely fall backwards (almost like a flower bloom effect- but SUPER simple) from the beginning position where they are fitted together to form the sphere.

I'm still a novice in Maya especially when it comes to dynamics, so I'm thinking this problem has a simple solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]