FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya 2009 crashes when openining .ma file

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Radencich
Maya 2009 crashes when openining .ma file
on May 4, 2010 at 6:34:50 pm

Hi,

I've been working on a very complex model in Maya 2009 running on Windows XP 32bit. Everything was going well until today. I tried to open the latest file I had of the model (I save the model in successive stages as I progress with it just in case) and when Maya begins to open the file it immediately "disappears" - by that I mean it crashes with no error messages, nothing. It simply disappears and goes back to my desktop. I read about Maya crashes in another post and I altered the .ma file in a text editor changing any reference of Maya 2009 to read Maya 2008 instead (I also have Maya 2008 on my system). It then opens fine in Maya 2008 but when I try it again in Maya 2009, same crash problem. Also, it now crashes on almost all my earlier versions of the model (in Maya 2009) except for the very earliest ones - I have 8 version right now. I've had no problems with crashes on any of the versions of this model until today. I also have Maya 2009 installed on another machine and it crashed there, too.

Any idea what's going on and how to correct it? I much prefer working in Maya 2009 now and would like to continue doing so if possible.

Thanks!

Mike

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]