FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems with Bevel Plus Text in Maya 7

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Coleman
Problems with Bevel Plus Text in Maya 7
on Apr 21, 2010 at 2:22:37 pm

Hi, I've been having some trouble with beveled text in Maya 7. I've been having the problem since I started using this version, but up until this point I haven't cared too much about it.

It doesn't matter how I create text, whether it be from Maya's "create text" function, or by creating text in Illustrator then importing it in, I always have problems when I bevel it. The edges of the beveled text always end up looking "wrapped" around the corners, and it takes the shader or texture along with it.

If you look at the side of the beveled text, the top and the bottom of the geometry looks like it was shifted to the side of the object. So, when I go to render using, lets say, mental ray and I turn on raytracing and have reflections, any of the reflections that should be on the top of the geometry, are now on the side.

It doesn't matter what font I choose, it always ends up looking the same.

These are my settings for creating the bevel with bevel plus:
Bevel Width = 0.05
Bevel Depth = 0.05
Extrude Distance = 0.5
Create Cap = At start, and At End
Outer Bevel Style = Convex Out
Inner Bevel Style = "Same as Outer Style"

It makes no sense to me, and I'm not sure how to word it to find a solution to the problem, so I thought I would just post a new thread, hoping that someone has seen this before and knows a way to resolve it.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]