FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to loop a movie?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rui li
how to loop a movie?
on Mar 29, 2010 at 9:06:38 pm

hi guys

im kind of new to maya, so i have some problems or questions about it all the time.

this time i just import a movie onto a face, is like 30 frames long, but the whole animtaion is 300 frames, so it means the movie have to play 10 times, but the problem is i have no idea how to make play again after the first time playing, so can anybody help me with that?

thanks a lot

Return to posts index

Michiel Duvekot
Re: how to loop a movie?
on Mar 30, 2010 at 12:37:03 am

change the expression for Image Number from

file1.frameExtension=frame

to

file1.frameExtension=frame%30

Return to posts index

rui li
on Mar 30, 2010 at 7:08:28 am

thanks for respond

but the problem is, when i try to change it, it acts like it cannot be changed or let's say is not possible to type anything inside the expression box. Did i miss some thing, or did something wrong?

Return to posts index

rui li
on Mar 30, 2010 at 7:42:28 am

ok
now i have make it work, but this is only a simple example, what if the movie is not 30 frames and the whole animation is not 300? how can i solve that? i mean, make it work like before, repeating i mean.

Return to posts index

Michiel Duvekot
on Mar 30, 2010 at 1:25:05 pm

Really all you need to do is substitute 30 for the length of your clip. It does not matter how long the entire animation is.

But try to understand that frame % 30 means the remainder of the integer division of the current frame by 30.

Example: we're at frame 129 we can divide 120 by 30 to give 4, but we cannot further divide 9 by 30 because it would not give an integer. 9 is the remainder. That's what gives us the ability to loop, because the remainder will always be between 0 and the divider (30).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]