FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vertex Question - New to Maya

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zevie Tannenbaum
Vertex Question - New to Maya
on Mar 26, 2010 at 11:33:33 am

Hi,

I just started learning Maya, and I'm following a tutorial. I'm trying to model a robot, but and I when I try to select a single veracity, (after right clicking and selecting vertex), it highlights them in a gold / orange color instead of just yellow. It doesn't let me select single vertices. What am I doing wrong?

Heres a screenshot of what happens

Thanks in advance,
Zevie

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
Re: Vertex Question - New to Maya
on Mar 26, 2010 at 2:47:34 pm

hi

nothing wrong man, once again, that's the soft selection feature on the transform tools, press B to toggle that off and on, and you are selecting everything because the falloff on the soft selection is very big and covers the whole object, if you keep the B key pressed you can set the size of the falloff with your mouse, or just press B to toggle it.

l8r

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

Zevie Tannenbaum
on Mar 28, 2010 at 7:41:40 am

Thanks, but when I change it the size to 0, I still can't select a single vertex...

Return to posts index

Konstantin Gaytandzhiev
on Jun 29, 2010 at 1:22:29 pm

The reason why Maya is highlighting vertexes and edges this way is because you are soft-selecting. To turn soft selection off you can simply press "b" on your keyboard. The option itself is located in the Tool settings menu of the select/move/rotate/scale tools (simple check box followed by the options for the soft selection). I hope that solves your problem.

Return to posts index

Stephen Cordes
on Sep 27, 2010 at 10:24:00 pm

Thanks so much for this, I have been trying to find an answer to this for ages!!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]