FORUMS: list search recent posts

Please help w/reference model question!

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Simmons
Please help w/reference model question!
on Mar 23, 2010 at 6:05:32 am

I've been trying to import a rigged character as a reference into a new file but once I start animating the rig, the rig disappears. I can save the first initial pose, but once I advance to a new place in the timeline and try to save my keyframe settings, the rig disappears. Here's the weird thing -- I can still select the rig's handles or manipulators in the Outliner and animate, but that obviously is very difficult and the rig should be visible, this should not be happening. I think something is possibly wrong with the node connections but I cannot be sure and I have no idea what to look for or how to correct it. I've tried several different approaches to see if I can correct the problem (deleting history, etc), with no luck. Please, please -- someone who knows their way around Maya and has imported reference files into a new file, please help! This seems like a pretty essential thing to know as you need to constantly import/reference animation from several files into one master file.

File is here for download: http://www.kaleidodesign.com/3d/maya/13boogRig.zip

Thank you very much for reading, and if you can help, fantastic! Cheers!

Rob

Return to posts index

Michiel Duvekot
Re: Please help w/reference model question!
on Mar 23, 2010 at 4:13:25 pm

I looked at it briefly, but the rig already looks broken in the file you posted. I can work through this with you, but not on a forum like this. skype would work, or some other screen sharing tool. Ping me if you want to give that a try; michiel@thnkr.com

Return to posts index

Rob Simmons
on Mar 23, 2010 at 5:53:58 pm

Hey Michael, that's great! Thank you for offering. I'll be in touch! - Rob

Return to posts index

erica vigilante
on Apr 11, 2010 at 11:22:25 am

Hi I got your rig and I referenced it. It seems to work correctly..
Maybe your problem is a display of the new scene. If you need to see the rig go to Shading: x_ray_joints. If it is an import problem then I write you exactly what to do (there are very few things)
-Save your original file of the bear
Open-scene where you have to import it as reference
-From File: Create reference. If you go in the options I usually put Locator and Group but you can do how you feel most comfortable.
Once imported, you can not change the rig and if you rename the original file no longer works.
Without this key you can give as to the master ..
However I suggest you to clean up the controls' attribute editor to animate (do this in the original file). You should not even animate the scaling of controls, for example, select it and then do: lock_and_hide.
If you need more qst is my mail: eki.88 @ libero.it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]