FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trouble Rendering Animated Paint Effects with Motion Blur

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell Wyner
Trouble Rendering Animated Paint Effects with Motion Blur
on Feb 21, 2010 at 2:08:49 am

I'm using paint effects to animate a row of blooming flowers that I'm compositing into live video footage.

I always like to render in Mental Ray when I can. And you can render paint effects simply by converting them to polygons. The problem is that Mental Ray crashes Maya when I try to render motion blur on growing paint effects. (By enabling "stroke time" and "time clip" in the FLOW ANIMATION tab, you can make your paint effects to grow and blossom.) If I turn off the growing or the motion blur, it's fine, but together it crashes.

I'm wondering if the problem has to do with the Flow Animation reading the current time on the timeline. So if I could somehow bake the growth animation that could fix the problem. But I don't think it's key-able.

(MentalRay render with no motion blur)

The alternative is to render with Maya Hardware. But I am unfamiliar with it, and I don't know what the equivalent is for the "use background" texture. With Mental Ray, this creates an invisible object to receive the shadows cast by the flowers for when I composite it into the video.

(Maya Hardware Render with no Shadows casted)

Any advice on either solution would be much appreciated.
Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]