FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera from Matchmover 2010 Renders Object Black

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael McNeff
Camera from Matchmover 2010 Renders Object Black
on Feb 17, 2010 at 2:28:42 am

Hi,

I've tracked a live-action shot in Matchmover 2010 and have exported a .ma scene with an animated camera to Maya 2010.

Unfortunately, I am having a problem with the Maya scene that Matchmover exported. Whenever I render with the camera that Matchmover created (called rzCamera1) any geometry in the scene renders out completely black.

However, when I try to render the same geometry using a camera other than the camera animated by Matchmover, the geometry in the scene renders perfectly.

My guess is that the camera animated with Matchmover (rzCamera1) has some setting turned off by default. However, I can't find anything in the rzCamera1 attributes that is different from any of my other cameras in my scene.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks,
Michael

Return to posts index

Michiel Duvekot
Re: Camera from Matchmover 2010 Renders Object Black
on Feb 17, 2010 at 2:57:58 pm

save out presets for the working camera and the broken one, compare them in a text editor that can show you the difference between two files, I like to use FileMerge for that on Mac OS X. On Windows, there's WinMerge.

Michiel
http://www.thnkr.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Colvin
on May 25, 2011 at 10:21:35 pm

can u tell me if u were ever able to solve this problem and if so ,how? Thankz

Return to posts index

Michael McNeff
on May 26, 2011 at 4:56:30 am

Hey Jeremy,

I actually switched over to SynthEyes and now use that to do my 3D tracking. I would highly recommend SynthEyes.

However, I did find a work around for the problem you are having with Matchmover. Create a new camera in Matchmover, select all of the key frames on your tracked camera and copy/paste them over onto the new camera you created. You can then just use the new camera you created. You'll have to manually enter the lens length on the new camera (the original camera you created with matchmover will have that lens length.)

I tested this approach a little bit and it seemed to work, but the fact that I ran into this bug made me nervous about matchmover so I switched to SynthEyes and have had a great experience with that software.

Good luck!
Michael

Return to posts index

Jeremy Colvin
on May 26, 2011 at 7:38:28 am

thanks very much for your response and that is a brilliant approach ,I'll give it a try

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]