FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problems viewing a movie in maya

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Jewsome
Problems viewing a movie in maya
on Feb 4, 2010 at 9:47:38 pm

Hi, can anyone help. I am trying to view a movie that I rendered using maya. I want to match up a 3d model with the movie but I can't seem to import the movie properly. I tried rendering out a targa sequence and opening it in maya. When I attached the sequence to the hypershade it imports, but the images are black. When the I scrub through the timeline the sequence numbers change as if the the images are there, but everything is black. Can anyone hel

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
Re: Problems viewing a movie in maya
on Feb 5, 2010 at 8:46:17 pm

Hello Daniel, I'm not at my computer at the moment but as I recall, a Targa file has a transparency layer so you have to "break the connection" of the transparency. In the attribute editor go to transparency and setting and right mouse click on it and it should bring up the option to "break connection". This may or may not be the problem but at least it's a place to start. Cheers. STU

I know alot....but not as much as the other guy.

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
on Feb 6, 2010 at 3:52:48 am

A correction to my previous post...It may actually be the color channel that needs to have the connection broken. Try this...open the attribute editor for the tga file and go to material attributes/color/and then right click on the word "color",...a dialogue bow will open that give you some choices...choose "break connection" and then play back the sequence to see if the tga file plays. Hope that clears it up. Let us know. STU

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
on Feb 6, 2010 at 5:29:04 am

The more I've been thinking about this question there's some stuff that doesn't make sense in what you are describing in your post. Check out this post by Peter Greenstone:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/61/859865

Tjis may also help. STU

Return to posts index

Roberto Etcheverry
on Feb 12, 2010 at 3:52:39 pm

One thing I remember I had to do in older versions of maya (at least 2008 and earlier, got 2010 recently and seems to do it correctly now) was to use the frame number as the extension, as in, instead of image001.tga, image002.tga ---- image999.tga I'd have to use image.001, image.002 ----- image.999. Maybe that could help with your problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]