FORUMS: list search recent posts

Renderman plugin error

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robb Hanson
Renderman plugin error
on Jan 27, 2010 at 10:49:51 am

Hi,
Thanks in advance for any insight you may have on this. I have a file that used to be on a computer that was running Renderman, How can I remove the hidden plugin path reference to the Renderman plugin? I'm getting the following error when opening the file:

updateRendererUI;
updateRendererUI;
file -f -options "v=0" -typ "mayaAscii" -o "G:/Demo/Scenes/Prince/Prince001.ma";addRecentFile("G:/Demo/Scenes/Prince/Prince001.ma", "mayaAscii");
// Error: line 1: Plug-in, "RenderMan_for_Maya.mll", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH. //
// Warning: file: G:/Demo/Scenes/Prince/Prince001.ma line 124848: Unrecognized node type 'RenderMan'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: G:/Demo/Scenes/Prince/Prince001.ma line 125244: Unrecognized node type 'RenderMan'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: G:/Demo/Scenes/Prince/Prince001.ma line 125301: Unrecognized node type 'RenderMan'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: G:/Demo/Scenes/Prince/Prince001.ma line 125366: Unrecognized node type 'RenderMan'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: G:/Demo/Scenes/Prince/Prince001.ma line 125449: Unrecognized node type 'RenderMan'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: G:/Demo/Scenes/Prince/Prince001.ma line 125475: Unrecognized node type 'RenderMan'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: G:/Demo/Scenes/Prince/Prince001.ma line 125511: Unrecognized node type 'RenderMan'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: file: G:/Demo/Scenes/Prince/Prince001.ma line 125608: Unrecognized node type 'RenderMan'; preserving node information during this session. //
// File read in 4 seconds.
// Warning: Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.
Please check the Script Editor for details. //

Return to posts index

Michiel Duvekot
Re: Renderman plugin error
on Jan 27, 2010 at 5:27:14 pm

You need to either load the plugin or remove the nodes that Maya does not recognize.

You can select all nodes that Maya doesn't recognize with

select `ls -typ "Unknown"`;

View them in the hypergraph, check that you really can afford to loose them and then delete them.

or you can live dangerously and do

delete `ls -typ "Unknown"`;

which deletes them immediately.

Back up your files first.

Return to posts index

Robb Hanson
on Jan 28, 2010 at 3:31:48 am

Michiel
You are awesome. Thanks. That's exactly what I needed to no. You really know your stuff.

Return to posts index

Robb Hanson
on Jan 28, 2010 at 7:38:22 am

I typed:
select `ls -typ "Unknown"`;
into the MEL command line and it didn't work, gave me the following error:
// Error: Unknown object type: Unknown

Return to posts index

Robb Hanson
on Jan 29, 2010 at 11:13:20 am

Hi,
Still looking for any help on this. Previous suggestions actually did not work. I have a file that used to be on a computer that was running Renderman, How can I remove the hidden plugin path reference to the Renderman plugin? I'm getting the following error when opening the file:

// Error: line 1: Plug-in, "RenderMan_for_Maya.mll", was not found on MAYA_PLUG_IN_PATH. //
// Warning: file: G:/Demo/Scenes/Prince/Prince001.ma line 124848: Unrecognized node type 'RenderMan'; preserving node information during this session. //
// Warning: Errors have occurred while reading this scene that may result in data loss.
Please check the Script Editor for details. //

Return to posts index

Robb Hanson
on Feb 6, 2010 at 2:48:21 am

FYI
If anyone cares, I found the answer:

You can also delete these unknown nodes via the UI. In the File > Optimize Scene option box, there's a checkbox for unknown nodes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]