FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Andy" rig black textures

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charlie Meadows
"Andy" rig black textures
on Jan 25, 2010 at 6:47:21 pm

Hello - Does anyone know what the fix is for Skin and Clothing textures appearing solid black on the "Andy" generic rig (v1.4.6)? I can't figure out how to load the sourceimage files so that the textures show up in the blinns. There are a couple of postings in other forums to this effect, so it's not just me -- but none of the solutions I've seen so far seem to fix it.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

Return to posts index

Michiel Duvekot
Re: "Andy" rig black textures
on Jan 25, 2010 at 10:35:14 pm

The textures are in the sourceimages directory of the project AndyRig_v1.4.6. Either you need to set your project to AndyRig_v1.4.6, OR you need to move the contents of the AndyRig_v1.4.6/sourceimages directory to the sourceimages directory of your current project. There are other options, but I wouldn't recommend those unless you know what you're doing, in which case I don't have to explain how to do it. I know that sounds, errr.. weird (It involves some scripting and the dirmap command) In either case, you probably will need to reload the textures. Click on the relaod button in the Attribute Editor. Copying the files over and reloading the scene is a simpler solution.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]