FORUMS: list search recent posts

Default perspective won't render, need some help.

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
varga edmond
Default perspective won't render, need some help.
on Jan 24, 2010 at 10:03:19 pm

Hi,

Sorry for bugging you guys again. My default perspective view got something and I can't fix it. After 4 hours of work, I switched from "camera2" to "persp" (for checking some details) but I only get a black image in the render window.

If I switch to another camera, for example "camera1" I get the same blank render window.The only view that is working is the initial "camera2".(in turn if I open another scene everything is working perfectly).

Could someone help me restoring my settings so all my cams would work??

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Michiel Duvekot
Re: Default perspective won't render, need some help.
on Jan 25, 2010 at 11:39:28 pm

I can't tell what you might have changed, and what you need to fix, but I can tell you how to find out where the problem is. Open the Sttribute Editor, select a cameraShape node that does work, save the presets as camPresetsWorking. Now select the broken camera, and save the presets, this time as camPresetsBroken. If I apply the working presets to the broken camera with Presets > camPresetsWorking > Replace and it renders, I could just leave it there, but what I like to do is compare the preset files that were saved as camPresetsWorking.mel and camPresetsBroken.mel and run them through an app that can compare text files, like fileMerge to see wher the problem came from.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]