FORUMS: list search recent posts

From Cinema 4D to MAYA

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Ward
From Cinema 4D to MAYA
on Jan 18, 2010 at 4:51:35 am

Assuming that you have used both Cinema 4D and Maya, would it be a huge detour to learn Cinema 4D first because it integrates better with After Effects (since I use AE all the time)? I want to eventually learn Maya, but it seems a little advanced for my line of work. However, I don't want to learn Cinema 4D and it to turn into a huge backtrack when I can just started learning MAYA now. I know I am in the MAYA forum, so you will probably lean more toward learning MAYA, but just think about it and try to give me an intuitive and honest answer. Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
Re: From Cinema 4D to MAYA
on Jan 18, 2010 at 6:44:49 am

Hey Dustin. Cinema 4D is a very capable program, however Maya is (for me) much easier to use and navigate than Cinema 4D. As well there are lots of books that document how to do stuff with Maya, and very little documentation for Cinema 4D.

Maya integrates effortlessly with After Effects. Just import the Maya IFF image sequence into AE and your good to go. The good thing about both programs is that you don't have to learn everything about the programs to use them, just have an idea of what you want to do and study the steps on how to do it! There's lots of online tutorials for Maya, I'm not so sure about 4D.

Just my nickels worth! Cheers! STU

I know alot....but not as much as the other guy.

Return to posts index

Dustin Ward
on Jan 18, 2010 at 7:44:40 am

Thanks, that's really helpful. I heard that the camera information doesn't transfer to AE like cinema 4D.

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
on Jan 18, 2010 at 3:45:17 pm

Hi

I use both, cinema 4d for more the broadcast stuff, the mograph module is awesome and the renderer in 11.5 is almost as great Vray, is just missing IES lights :D , and maya is use it more for characters.

they both import camera data to AFX, cinema can create for you a composition with your rendered stuff already inside there, but is not that great, you could make a much better scrip and do that from maya also.

So I say, pencil or pen?, they both have their uses, they are both great, and they are both powerfull, I'll say C4D is easier to get results than maya.

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

Dustin Ward
on Jan 20, 2010 at 1:51:02 am

Here is an example of what I am talking about with the cameras and lights. It is pretty important to me that I am able to do things like this, where AE can recognize the lights position.

http://www.videocopilot.net/products/opticalflares/features/3d_lens_flares/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]