FORUMS: list search recent posts

Axonometric (front side top) views are blank

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Dorsey
Axonometric (front side top) views are blank
on Jan 6, 2010 at 10:18:37 pm

Hello.

I'm using Maya 2009 SP1 x64 on a Win7 box. We are using it with an Nvivia 8800 GTX. I realize that I should be using a Quadro card, but I don't have that kind of cash.

My top, side, and front display ports are all blank. If I seleft an item in perspective (or in a camera) port, then hif "f" to fit it in one of the axonomatric ports, I can see it zooming there, but the final does not draw in the port. Just a big gray rectangle.

It worked a while ago, and it works fine with new projects.

My scene is somewhat complex, containing a parametric engineering model which was created in Pro-E. The redraw error occurs no matter how much of the model is in the viewport, and regardless of how much of the model is visible/invisible.

Any ideas?

-------S

Return to posts index

Steve Dorsey
Re: Axonometric (front side top) views are blank
on Jan 7, 2010 at 2:17:38 am

Not sure if this helps, but the exact same thing happens in Maya 2009 sp1 on OS X Snow Leopard on an 8-core Mac Pro with an Nvidia Quadro 5600 video card.

Return to posts index

Michiel Duvekot
on Jan 7, 2010 at 4:53:37 pm

You probably need to adjust the clipping plane attributes on the cameras because the scale or the position of the objects exceeds the clipping range.

Michiel
http://www.thnkr.com

Return to posts index

Steve Dorsey
on Jan 7, 2010 at 5:54:00 pm

That was one of my first thoughts.

I had set it up originally and adjusted the planes, so I didn;t think to look there again. Adjusting my clipping planes is one of the first things I do in any project. But this is a large item.

I re-adjusted them (my model is bigger than I thought!) and it works now.

Thanks!!!!!

--------S

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]