FORUMS: list search recent posts

MAYA Dynamics.

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
puneet loona
MAYA Dynamics.
on Dec 24, 2009 at 9:37:54 am

Can any one tell me how to simulate a scene in which a wall is breaking into pieces when any other object collide with it. I know it well how to do it in max . I have used shatter effect in MAYA but ultimately wt is happeing to object tht has to blast in pieces is passing through ground wen i run animation.

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
Re: MAYA Dynamics.
on Dec 24, 2009 at 7:37:23 pm

Hello Puneet, You must create a ground plane and make it a passive collider object. There are some good tutorials on You-Tube as to how to set up your objects to collide. Good Luck.

I know alot....but not as much as the other guy.

Return to posts index

puneet loona
on Dec 25, 2009 at 7:38:41 am

hi stuart. i did tht too but not workin. actually i set up my scene with a plane as passive collider and a layer of few boxes above it . now i have asigned field gravity to all boxes but wen i run the simulation all boxes are collapsing in one another. what i want is tht box should collide with the box beneath it and so on, so that all boxes rest on one another.

Return to posts index

puneet loona
on Dec 28, 2009 at 1:33:40 pm

is there any1 who knw this matter? i have tried hard to find out the problem but my hardwrk of no use.

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
on Dec 29, 2009 at 7:12:39 am

Hello Puneet...I kind of understand what you are trying to accomplish but without knowing exactly what you have created it would be extremely difficult to give you an exact resolution to your dilemna. The best I can say is to seek out the Maya documentation for working with nDynamics or dynamics and either build or rebuild from scratch. I know that's not very helpful but it's the best I can do at this time. Stick with it, because it's usually something simple that needs to be assembled in the exact order to work correctly. Best wishes for the holidays and don't get discouraged! STU

I know alot....but not as much as the other guy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]