FORUMS: list search recent posts

Camera match a single frame

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Lee
Camera match a single frame
on Dec 14, 2009 at 5:49:36 pm

Hello people,
I was wondering if someone could help... I wanted to match up a single image in Maya and set a camera up in the scene so that my geometry fits correctly within the scene. I have looked at Live and matchmover but I think that's for live action movie footage.
All I want to do is match a single image, just like you can do in 3ds max with camera match.

Any ideas please?

Dave

Return to posts index

David Lee
Re: Camera match a single frame
on Dec 16, 2009 at 9:44:46 am

Not one answer?
That's 3 posts I have sent to this forum, asking for advice and not one answer to any of them

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
on Dec 16, 2009 at 6:45:13 pm

Hey David...Don't feel bad, we are reading your questions but they are not the kind of questions that we can help you figure out because there are way too many variables involved in what you are asking. Some things with Maya you have to self study and apply, and read the manuals etc. Your questions are slightly confusing and it's not that this forum doesn't want to help you, it's just that the questions you posed so far create way too many questions for us on this end to ask you to help get you straightened out.

Most of us just don't have that much time to devote to answering questions that are better covered in the Maya Documentation. Sorry for your frustration, but keep trying and pose the questions here anyway, because sooner or later we'll be able help! STU

I know alot....but not as much as the other guy.

Return to posts index

David Lee
on Dec 16, 2009 at 7:45:08 pm

Thanks for your reply Stu
I will look more closely at my manuals.

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
on Dec 18, 2009 at 6:17:42 am

Hey David, thanks for hanging in there! In you're post you mentioned 3ds max and I was wondering if you have switched from that program over to Maya, or are you trying Maya as an alternative to 3ds? Just wondering? STU

Return to posts index

David Lee
on Dec 18, 2009 at 9:10:08 am

Stu,
I have always used MAX in the past from the DOS version to the present.
But recently, in the past two years I have switched over to a mac and so switched to Maya accordingly.
I am feeling my way with Maya learning all the time.
The problem is that I know I can do certain tasks in Max and there must be a similar way of getting the job done in Maya but its just patience in finding it.

So for me. Its Maya from now on.

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
on Dec 19, 2009 at 7:34:02 am

Hey David! So it sounds to me like you are pretty well versed in 3D and the switch to Mac and Maya is admirable! Since I've never used 3dsmax. I can't really be of much help on the cross conversion of tasks, but I can tell that there's some super awesome 3D guys here on the forum! And, when I was getting all the basics down I found that the Cybex press, Mastering Maya 2009 book was extremely helpful with everything I use it for, which is mostly 3D Logos, titling, architectural stuff, and in the future, some light character work.

Anyway, please post any question any time and I'm sure the guys here on the forum will pass along helpful info! Over and out! STU

Return to posts index

Nir Sullam
on Feb 26, 2010 at 10:09:23 pm

Dave
Hi
I use SynthEyes which has a great single frame alignment system.
After matching a camera - the software will create a script for Maya and then you run the script inside Maya.

Well I sue it for 3ds max but it has dosens of script languages support.

It is not a one step but hey - it's the only solution I got.

You may watch this tutorial on SynthEyes website:

http://www.ssontech.com/content/aligner.htm

Regards
Nir

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]