FORUMS: list search recent posts

3D animation

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
anthony Faulkner
3D animation
on Dec 10, 2009 at 4:35:57 am

I am a beginner at anything above AE and in fact i don't even own a copy of Maya. So i am wondering where is the best spot to start for someone wanting to start rendering 3D objects to be used in FCP 6.06 HD video.

Maya is relatively expensive and i am wondering if it is where i should start?

Thanks

Anthony Faulkner

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
Re: 3D animation
on Dec 11, 2009 at 4:03:27 am

Hey Anthony, Check out the discussions on this forum between the 3D max vs. Maya threads. If you sign up for a course at a local community college you can purchase the educational version of Maya or 3ds mac for about 500 bucks, or you can download a trial version of Maya for free, and...it's the full program so you can really check it out. As for which you should get? I would go with Maya because there's a good deal of documentation and it's a super awesome program that always makes me smile when I launch. There's a small learning curve, but if you can find you're way around After Effects you can surely grow with either Maya or 3dsmax.

As you learn Maya you can consult the brains here on the forum to help you through the first stage! Good luck and feel free to post here for help! STU

I know alot....but not as much as the other guy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]