FORUMS: list search recent posts

Merging Vertices on Cubes / Polygons

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Banks
Merging Vertices on Cubes / Polygons
on Nov 24, 2009 at 6:13:24 pm

So i'm having another beginner Issue :(. I have watched a few tutorials but they were all on PC and I am running windows, so i think that is what it has to do with. Most of the tutorials said, go into component mode select the 2 vertices and press V to snap them together. For some reason that will not work for me, and others have said its F9 for mac but that changes the amount of light my buttons put off. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Matt Nielsen
Re: Merging Vertices on Cubes / Polygons
on Nov 25, 2009 at 12:00:37 am

To merge vertices together simply click and hold the right mouse button and select vertex from the context menu that appears. After that select the two vertices that you want to merge by either drag selecting or by selecting the first vertex then holding down the shift key select the second vertex. With both vertices selected select Edit Mesh > Merge or Edit Mesh > Merge to Center (depending on what you are trying to achieve. The component mode hotkey for Maya on windows is F8. This will allow you to select the vertices as well. But using the context menu is probably the better option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]