FORUMS: list search recent posts

Texturing Problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Banks
Texturing Problem
on Nov 21, 2009 at 10:30:10 pm

Hello,

I am sorry for such an obvious question but I am having trouble figuring out how to get textures i've downloaded to display in Maya. I have looked it up numerous times and they all say to just load the file into the attributes editor but for some reason I cannot find the box that lets me browse for the file. I've assigned the material lambert to my object and just want to place a tiling texture on it, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Matt Nielsen
Re: Texturing Problem
on Nov 22, 2009 at 9:56:59 am

Right mouse click on the object and select Assign New Material > Lambert. You should now see a new Lambert shader applied to the object and a new tab will be displayed in the Attribute Editor. Click on this tab. It will be called Lambert2 or Lambert3. Now select the checkered box located at the end of the Color Attribute row. Then select File from the Create New Node window. The tabs in the Attribute Editor should now say file1 and place2dTexture1. With the file1 tab active select the folder icon located at the end of the Image Name and select the texture that you want applied. If the texture doesn't appear on the object press the 6 key to active Hardware Texturing.

Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Michael Banks
Re: Texturing Problem
on Nov 24, 2009 at 6:04:13 pm

Thank you so much! You have helped me out greatly!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]