FORUMS: list search recent posts

remove spaces form file names

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Bunn
remove spaces form file names
on Nov 20, 2009 at 2:29:38 am

My daughter has started her university course which involves use of Maya. She created a project and I tried to help her render it on a number of machines I have around the house (yes they are powerful machines and I ahve lots of them). All worked well except one of her scenes has textures with names she created with spaces e.g "red and white shirt.jpg"
This throws up errors on all my satelites and I have had to tediously create files called ""red_and_white_shirt.jpg" then find every shader that uses the original texture and link it to the new file name.
Surely there is an easier way to do this?

thanks
Simon

Return to posts index

Stuart Christensen
Re: remove spaces form file names
on Nov 22, 2009 at 7:07:35 pm

Hello Simon, a standard naming convention for Maya textures should be followed on the creation of textures. It's best not to use spaces in between the words when naming textures, Maya will insert an underscore to replace the "space" but it's best to name the texture in one complete word ie. "redandwhiteShirt" and you shouldn't use the ".jpeg" extension in the name. This is probably what is throwing the render process off. Getting it right the first time is about the only way to easily ensure textures will link to the objects they are assigned. Hope that helps. STU

I know alot....but not as much as the other guy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]