FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya logo tutorial importing problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rory O'Donnell
Maya logo tutorial importing problem
on Nov 19, 2009 at 11:29:59 pm

I am doing the maya logo tutorial by Alvaro Castaneda. It is a great, easy to follow tutorial. I am having on problem. I am trying to import a logo (in .ai and/or .eps - I tried them both) - the command line says that the file is imported, but I do not see the image in the view ports. I am not sure why this is happening or how to fix it. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
Re: Maya logo tutorial importing problem
on Nov 19, 2009 at 11:53:37 pm

hi
glad you liked the tutorial

check the outliner, most of the time drawn object are very big and off the screen, if not, check the version you are using, use ai 8 to be safe, if not, share the output of the script editor.

thanks

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

Rory O'Donnell
on Nov 20, 2009 at 4:39:59 pm

Thanks. I'll let you know if I can find it.

Return to posts index

Rory O'Donnell
on Nov 24, 2009 at 10:32:25 pm

Still not working correctly. I am using illustrator cs4 and maya 2009. I even tried to import the maya logo form the website that you recamended - it did not show up either.

// Warning: Your system does not have hardware accelerated OpenGL, or your driver is not configured properly. Maya will continue to run, but you will get significantly better performance with accelerated hardware. //
file -f -new;
// untitled //
commandPort -securityWarning -name commandportDefault;
updateRendererUI;
file -import -type "EPS" -ra true -rpr "6ButtonsLogo007" -options "sc=1.1;group=1" -pr -loadReferenceDepth "all" "D:/FreeLanceDrawings/business card/6ButtonsLogo007.eps";
// Warning: The renaming prefix 'ButtonsLogo007' contains illegal characters. Truncating to 'ButtonsLogo007'. //
// D:/FreeLanceDrawings/business card/6ButtonsLogo007.eps //

This is every thing in the script editor box.

Thanks for any help you can give.

rory

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
on Nov 25, 2009 at 12:17:32 am

Hi
First of all you have a problem with your graphics card, maybe you need to install the drivers.

For the logo, rename the logo to something NOT starting with a number, maya doesn't like that, make sure you save the file as .ai version 8 and try again.

cheers

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

brandon champney
on Sep 21, 2010 at 11:14:44 pm

I had the same problem with importing illustrator files. They showed up in the outliner but you couldn't see them. I tried everything and I finally figured it out. Make sure that in the import options for illustrator files that scale factor is set to 1 not 0. Hope this helps!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]