FORUMS: list search recent posts

Trax editor workflow. Help!

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joao Morgado
Trax editor workflow. Help!
on Nov 4, 2009 at 1:58:16 pm

Hi there,

I started a couple of days with Maya trax editor and nonlinear animation with clips.
I've read so much about it and how good it is, how it can speed up your animation workflow, organize your animation, blend clips, etc...

So the thing is, I read some tutorials and maya help files and got my hands on the work.
After these couple of days I'm realy starting to pull my hairs out!! I can't get anything to work right 2 times, most of the times the blends don't work, I find it so much difficult to adjust animation, and many times when I forward to the next clip and turn back the animation is all messed up.

My workflow before was referencing characters to the scene and animate them all "by hand". Sometimes I used a referenced character with animation, like a walkcycle, and bake its keys in the scene so I could adjust/alter the animation.
I was hoping with trax I could just import the clips and use always the same character reference with no animation so I could have more control over the animation.
I dont have any illusions that trax editor can animate for me or do a perfect blend between a stand position and a runcycle. But I was at least hoping that it could help me and speed up a little my animation process instead of delaying it and giving me nightmares.

So... Im pretty sure that I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone used to work with the trax editor tell me your workflow and what are the limitations/errors in trax. Please make it detailed so I can get it right and continue using it.

Anyway, thanks some much in advance!!!

Bye

Mr JOMO

Return to posts index

Sheun Shasanya
Re: Trax editor workflow. Help!
on Dec 15, 2009 at 9:46:00 am

Most likely your clips are set to absolute or relative.you most make sure they r on either one of them. thas usually the problem.do ur research on absolute and relative. it becomes very easy...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]