FORUMS: list search recent posts

Record mouse movement. Is it possible??

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joao Morgado
Record mouse movement. Is it possible??
on Nov 4, 2009 at 1:39:48 pm

Hi there,

Anyone knows if theres is a way of animating in Maya recording the mouse movement?
That is, suppose you have a cube you want to animate up and down. Can we grab de translate Y axis and scrub the mouse up and down so that Maya records that movement and converts it to keys??

Thanks in advance ;)

Bye

Return to posts index

Matt Nielsen
Re: Record mouse movement. Is it possible??
on Nov 4, 2009 at 9:03:42 pm

I think you want the Auto Key button. In the bottom right hand corner there is a little key icon. First grab your cube and set a key by using either s or using shift + w for the translate attributes. After you set this first key if auto key is enabled all you have to do is move the timeslider to the keyframe you want to set and start moving the cube around the scene. Once you move the objects you will notice that a key will automatically get set. Auto key only works if you make a change to one of the objects attributes e.g. it won't work if you use the middle mouse button to scrub the timeline to copy a key. If you do this you will have to set a key manually using the methods explained above. I hope this helps,good luck

Return to posts index

Joao Morgado
Re: Record mouse movement. Is it possible??
on Nov 5, 2009 at 10:25:35 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.
That wasnt really what I wanted, I already knew that.
What I was wondering was if Maya as any way of keying movement while the time is playing.
For example, in after effects you can grab an object and tell After Effects to "record its movment", so that if you scrub the object while the timeline is playing, in the end that object gets the movements you did with your mouse because after effects monitored the mouse movements and converted them to keyframes on the object.

Anyway, thanks for your reply again, and if anyone knows a way of doing something like this in Maya your welcome ;)

Bye

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]