FORUMS: list search recent posts

keyframe problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jean-Nicolas Duval
keyframe problem
on Nov 3, 2009 at 7:48:46 pm

Hi guys,

I have a little problem here. I'm very green in Maya so maybe it's something quite simple to do.

Here it is : I've created an animation using keyframes in Maya. I started messing around, trying stuff. But now how can I delete all animations and restart from scratches. I've even copy/paste the model in another scene, but the animation follows.

I've deleted the keyframe in the timeline but the things keep moving. It must be a way to roll back. btw I've overwrite the original scene with the messed one.

any thoughs ?

Return to posts index

Matt Nielsen
Re: keyframe problem
on Nov 3, 2009 at 9:35:21 pm

There are a couple of ways of doing this. You could go through the timeline, right click on each of the set keys and select Delete. Or you activate the Channel Box by pressing ctrl+a then highlight every attribute name (the labels e.g. Translate X, Translate Y etc..), then right click and on the names and select Break Connection. This will remove all of the keyframes.

If you are trying to learn how to animate properly you should take a look at some tutorials on using the Graph Editor and how to manipulate keyframes. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Jean-Nicolas Duval
on Nov 3, 2009 at 10:00:33 pm

Thank you so much Matt
Worked perfectly, it was driving me nuts!

As for the tutorials. It is definitely in the plans to learn more about Maya. I'll check this out.

thanks for the tips!

Return to posts index

Joshua Booth
on Nov 24, 2009 at 9:40:42 am

im in a bit of a pickle myself. i followed the method put down here to the letter, broke the connections on every polgon and shape i could find but still nothing, the only things that are unaffected are new objects in the file and shapes that i have editied to remove faces E.G: the ball magnet and create polygon tool.

any assitance would be great

Return to posts index

Jean-Nicolas Duval
on Nov 24, 2009 at 7:17:26 pm

Hi Joshua,
It's weird you cannot delete all keyframes with the technique mentionned above, but here is another work around;

- Open the "dope sheet" (animation > Window > Animation editors > Dope Sheet)
- then enable the "Scene Summary view" within that dope sheet (View > Scene Summary) to view all the keyframes in your scene.
- Select all keyframes, right-click and delete them.

If this doesn't work...man I have no clue.

best of luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]