FORUMS: list search recent posts

Random moving objects

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kai gadd
Random moving objects
on Oct 19, 2009 at 9:59:48 pm

Ok so I have just modelled something and when I move the timeline some of the objects move without me doing anything to it, and I havent set any keys yet, and when I reload it, and set the keys at the beginning, they still randomly move to another position.

Could anyone help me? :(

Return to posts index

Peter Greenstone
Re: Random moving objects
on Oct 19, 2009 at 11:04:04 pm

That sounds very odd. Could you tell us in more detail what you modeled and your process? How do they move? Do they pop from place to place or do they actually move over time? If you select one of those objects does it have any keyframes on it that you don't think you set yourself.

Do you have Auto-Key turned on? More info about exactly what you have in your scene and how it's behaving would help a lot.

http://www.petergreenstone.com

Return to posts index

kai gadd
on Oct 20, 2009 at 9:42:37 am

Ah yes sorry about that.

I have made a torus with cylinders around it, what I did first was made the torus, then created some cylinder to go around, copying the cylinders each time i make them, then I grouped the pieces together, and then cylinders seem to pop from one place to another, I havn't got any keyframes on them either, they just move

Photobucket

Photobucket

Return to posts index

Peter Greenstone
on Oct 20, 2009 at 1:29:19 pm

Hmm... if I'm understanding the two images you included it looks like the cylinder pieces are getting scaled up from a group node(s) they are under. I see two different scales though... I mean two of the pieces are scaled up less.

Does it do exactly the same thing every time and at the same frames in the timeline, or does it behave unpredictably?

From the image it doesn't look like the pieces are translating or rotating. As I said, they just appear to be scaling as a group, out from the center. It's hard to say what you might have done to cause this.

Are all the cylinder pieces grouped together under one single node or is the hierarchy more complex than that? Check the group nodes to see if they have any animation on their scale channels.

http://www.petergreenstone.com

Return to posts index

kai gadd
on Oct 20, 2009 at 2:11:59 pm

Hi yes it does it all the time, no matter what frame I go on, they are all grouped to the smaller torus, I ungrouped them from the torus, and it does a similar thing, although not as drastic as before.

Photobucket

Return to posts index

kai gadd
on Oct 20, 2009 at 2:23:33 pm

Right iv sorted it out now, I had all the cylinders grouped, then I had them grouped to a torus, now I've ungrouped em all, then grouped the cylinders to the tourus directly, and it works fine now.

My only problem, which I forgot to ask is, sometime when I rotate the camera it goes off its axis and I have to rotate, pan and zoom to get back to where I want to be.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]