FORUMS: list search recent posts

zdepth pass problems

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Michael
zdepth pass problems
on Sep 22, 2009 at 2:54:26 pm

I am using maya 2010 and I just got it so i dont know to much about render passes. So i am trying to render out z depth pass for use in after effects. I would prefer it to be in its own seperate file, like an .iff. which i can get it rendered out it looks nice in f check, but it wont import into After effects. I think it is because its a 1 channel 32 bit image. is there any way to change this? I cant seem to in the attributes for the depth pass. How do i render a zdepth pass that will be able to import to AE. I would like to use the new passes, and not do the luminance depth.

Return to posts index

Frank Carlisle
Re: zdepth pass problems
on Sep 23, 2009 at 2:26:20 am

You have to open your animation in the FCheck with the "z-buffer" checked on. Stop the playback, save out the animation, and let it play through. This should create a usable zDepth iff sequence for you.

I've been using zDepth render pass for work recently and I'm having an issue with it popping in After Effects. Autodesk told me to un-check my "Auto Render Clip Plane" in my camera's attributes in Maya. But it doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions? I'm using Maya 2009.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]