FORUMS: list search recent posts

Maya 2010 Batch

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Rocha
Maya 2010 Batch
on Sep 11, 2009 at 3:05:28 am

Mental Ray

I have a character scene. It will render a frame using mental ray. BUt when I try and run the batch, it will not run. It dumps out as soon as it loads the file.

Any ideas as to what I could try first?

Return to posts index

Peter Greenstone
Re: Maya 2010 Batch
on Sep 12, 2009 at 3:34:03 am

So, basically it will do a test render of a single frame just fine but when you go to batch render it crashes or just says it's done without actually producing anything? Any error messages? Does rendering using the Maya renderer work or is it only a problem when using Mentalray?

How do you have your main render globals set? It's possible that you are experiencing some glitch with the scene or that your computer is having an issue, but without some more info about what you have done I have to include that it's also possible that you just don't have your render globals set properly to render out a sequence. I hate to ask the "Is the computer plugged in?" type of question but...

In the past I have experienced odd times when a batch render just fails says it finished after rendering nothing at all, even with everything set correctly. Sometimes it's a memory problem. Sometimes it's something silly I missed.

Visit http://www.petergreenstone.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]