FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to import a video to Maya

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aris Ignas
How to import a video to Maya
on Aug 31, 2009 at 3:25:57 pm

Hello folks!I am new in the forum!!So the reason that i opened this post is simple.I made a model.And i want to put it in my video.How can i do this?Is there a way to import my mpeg file to maya??thnx!

Return to posts index

stephen reber
Re: How to import a video to Maya
on Sep 2, 2009 at 4:56:57 am

Hey Aris...

What you need to do is to render out this animation into an image sequence, preferably .tga files (After Effects). Create your shader (I prefer lambert for this). Click on the options box next to Color. When the render node menu opens, select "image" from the 2D textures section and make sure "normal" is selected. Select "file" (it's the second one down on the right hand side).

Under the File Attributes, click on the folder next to "image name" and select the first image in your image sequence and it will import the sequence. Just under "image name" there are 3 check boxes, click "use image sequence".

Now just apply your shader like normal, and make sure your UV's are layed out.

Hope this helps.

Best...

Stephen =]

Return to posts index

Aris Ignas
on Sep 2, 2009 at 9:16:30 am

Stephen are you sure that this is going to import a video and not an image???But thnx for your tips!!!!

Return to posts index

stephen reber
on Sep 2, 2009 at 10:52:42 pm

Hi Aris...

No this won't import a video, but it will import a sequence of images that will play along with the timeline, kinda like a flip-book.

Stephen =]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]