FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch rendering preview?

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Antony Manley
Batch rendering preview?
on Aug 17, 2009 at 10:22:09 am

I can't help noticing that in Maya 2008 there is no preview of your batch rendered frames as they are produced, whereas in 3DS max there is a preview window that shows your frames as they are being created.

Unless there is this feature hidden in 2008 I haven't found yet, I was just wondering would it be at all possible to code a batch rendering interface through Mel?

Sort of like psuedo Frame render window, but it shows a live preview of what frame is being rendered and gives a percentage of the batch render completion? Maybe even a button to specify the destination of the batch renders (I'm well aware this can be done through the render globals).

Any info would be much appreciated, or if anyone knows of a plugin that already does this etc.

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
Re: Batch rendering preview?
on Aug 17, 2009 at 6:08:01 pm

Hi

That is not possible in maya as far as I know, what I do is, I render a few frames and check them out, if everything is ok I launch the batch, anyways, who is gonna stare at the screen will you render, kinda silly :D, got better thing to do while rendering, like sleep, :D

l8r

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

Antony Manley
on Aug 17, 2009 at 6:15:27 pm

Ha yeah thats my current method aswell, do a 10-15 frame test sequence and then launch the batch if its ok, just a shame there isn't any way of keeping an eye on batch renders without just checking what frames have been spit out in the root file.

Oh well, cheers for the answer anywho

Return to posts index

Brendan Eddy
on Aug 17, 2009 at 11:46:28 pm

That's what Render>Show Batch render does ... Isn't it?

If not I just look at my images in P.S. , or whatever image viewer you use, as they render out, though that wouldn't work if you were rendering Quicktimes.

Brendan Eddy
http://BrendanEddy.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]