FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for Maya Expert - Need Help to Produce Old Fashonied Book Model

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Markus Griebling
Looking for Maya Expert - Need Help to Produce Old Fashonied Book Model
on Aug 1, 2009 at 8:22:52 pm

Hi All,

I'm currently working on a project where I would like to incorporate some video footage (HD) into a Maya model of an old book. Basically we're telling a historical story of an old city in Germany and would like to utilize an old book to jump from scene to scene in the video. I've not been able to find an old book that suits my expectations in real life so I've come to the conclusion that a good 3D model would be the next best thing. I'm looking to build a number of "bridge" scenes where we see an old book (story book) on a table, lit with candle light and have the book open and flip a few pages and then zoom into an old B&W (sepia) photo in the book which would in turn change into a full screen video image. The idea is to use the book as a transition from one scene or clip to the next.

I've had some experience with Maya 1.0 and 2.0 but am not current with the newest release. The compositiong work would be done in After Effects.

I'm looking for someone who might be interesting in helping with the book model.

Have I peaked anyone's interest?

Cheers, Markus

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
Re: Looking for Maya Expert - Need Help to Produce Old Fashonied Book Model
on Aug 2, 2009 at 3:02:02 pm

Hi Markus

I might be able to help you out

please write me to varomix@gmail.com

thanks

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
on Aug 3, 2009 at 4:06:56 am

Hi Markus! Are you looking for someone to guide you through the process, or are you wanting to sub-contract the gig out completely? be happy to help either way.
thanks
Chad

Return to posts index

Markus Griebling
on Aug 3, 2009 at 8:40:49 pm

Hi Chad,

Thanks for responding. As I mentioned to Alvaro in an Email, I don't have a budget since this is a final academic project. I'm currently working on the assumption that I'll have to do it myself. I did however find a cool link that shows one possible solution.

http://www.computerarts.co.uk/tutorials/3d__and__animation/3d_worlds_questi...

I would however welcome any words of advice as I'm slowly getting back up to speed with Maya 2009 and a lot has changed since version 2.

Cheers, Markus

Return to posts index

Thiago Szaykowski
Re: Looking MAYA expert - need help to produce fashonied book old model
on Aug 5, 2009 at 6:43:29 pm

If you're interested talk com that we are our work http://www.Rgbart.com.Br Email contact Contact @ Rgbart.com.Br
ABra├žo!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]