FORUMS: list search recent posts

Vista Rendering Woes

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Martin
Vista Rendering Woes
on Jul 25, 2009 at 9:37:18 am

I am trying to render an HD (1920x1080) Maya project into a movie that I will then composite in AE. Problem is, Maya 2008 for Vista 64
bit appears not only to NOT support Quicktime, but apparently does not suport any movie file output other than AVI. Nice. So when I render said AVIs, they come out at twice the width or half the height, effectively squashing my image horizontally.

I thought I would work around this, but QT, AE and even my VLC player blink or crash when I introduce these files to them. They sometimes play in the native Windows QT player (as often as not), but I can't export until we go pro and the aspect ratio is, as mentioned, still wrong.

So, my question, is how do I get my lovely textured renders into the
proper aspect ratio in a form that I can use? I set up everything in the Render Globals seemingly as should be, and have tried virtually every variation therein with always the same result(s). To put it mildly, WTF?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Eric Martin
Re: Vista Rendering Woes
on Jul 25, 2009 at 9:42:27 am

BTW, I've rendered the same project (less the impressive texture) on my old Mac with Maya 6.5 and the quicktimes look/work fine for what they are. But I gotta get this Windows thing hapnin'.

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
on Jul 25, 2009 at 7:56:26 pm

Hi
You don't ever what to render directly to avi or mov, render to a sequence of images, I use iff for after effects, you can use tif or exr, any of those would work fine.

So please, never ever render directly to avi or any other movie file, do sequences.

Thank you :D

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

Eric Martin
on Jul 26, 2009 at 6:05:59 am

Why not?

QTs have worked like a champ for me in the past and they seem easier to manage.
I can see where there might be a resolution advantage, but I'm typically doing text and
therefore not a lot of detail or realism in the bargain. It seems like they'd have video
output in any case. That works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]