FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing animtion from different files

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Lank
Importing animtion from different files
on Jul 10, 2009 at 4:00:02 am

Good evening. I am currently using Maya 9, on a Windows XP 64 system. I created a set geometry figure, and this figure is oriented to the global grid. From here, I created four different files, with the exact same geometry, in the exact same orientation, with the same attributes, but gave each individual file a different animation sequence. Basically, an animal doing several different movement patterns, each animation covering one movement pattern. Now I'm looking to import those individual animation sequences into one single animation sequence so I can render it all together. I am trying to import the walking animation of the animal into the sequence where the animal only leans to the sides, and then the idle state of the animal with it's special movement. But when I import, a lot of different things occur, such a missing geometry, combined mesh object, etc. What should I do? Thank you for your time.

Return to posts index

Matt Nielsen
Re: Importing animtion from different files
on Jul 13, 2009 at 7:34:20 am

Look into importing animation clips into the trax editor. Basically you want to open the trax and export your animation to a clip file. Do this for each animation then import them all into a single file and use the trax editor to mix them together. Keep in mind that the trax editor is like using layers. So with multiple clips in to the trax at once they add together like photoshop to form a single animation. This process is completely non destructive therefore you won't ruin you original animation. I don't have enough time to write out the complete process at the moment. But look for tutorials online and if you are still having problems I will try to put up a full solution a little later or tomorrow. I hope this helps

Return to posts index

Rick Lank
Re: Importing animtion from different files
on Jul 14, 2009 at 4:41:33 pm

Greatly! Thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]