FORUMS: list search recent posts

rigging

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tony hayes
rigging
on Jul 4, 2009 at 2:31:45 am

I have a rig for a creature and I want to add a bone to a pre- existing bone. When I select the joint tool and click on the bone I want to add to, it doesn't show up in the side view or the perspective view; nothing happens; but it does show up in the top and front ortho views. I don't get it.
Any ideas?
Tony Hayes

Return to posts index

Matt Nielsen
Re: rigging
on Jul 5, 2009 at 11:19:36 pm

Ok, here's an idea but I'm not overly confident that this may be the cause. Each view port allows you to show certain components. Inside of the view port window there is an option called Show. Once selected a drop down menu will pop up. Make sure that you have a tick next to the Joints option. A little more information might reveal the issue. I hope this helps

Return to posts index

tony hayes
on Jul 5, 2009 at 11:36:38 pm

Thank-you Matt, have checked that and curves (which also won't draw in the perspective view) and joints are turned on in the show drop down menu. Still not working though
Tony Hayes

Return to posts index

tony hayes
on Jul 6, 2009 at 12:22:35 am

Just one more additional piece of information. Whenever I click on the 4 view panel in the side bar of the Maya interface I always get a perspective view window, a top view window and 2 front view windows but never a side view window. Just a bug in my system?
Tony Hayes

Return to posts index

Matt Nielsen
on Jul 6, 2009 at 1:36:29 am

With respect to the two front views inside of the view port window there is a menu called Panels. You are able to change the camera views by selecting Panels > Perspective or Panels > Orthographic and select the name of the camera you want the view port to look through. SO in your case you will need to select Panels > Orthographic > Side inside of one of two Front view ports. I'm still looking into your other issue

Return to posts index

tony hayes
on Jul 7, 2009 at 12:32:32 am

Thanks again Matt, your input is much appreciated
Tony Hayes

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]