FORUMS: list search recent posts

Group Transform to Plumb + Square at Center

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Julian Bleecker
Group Transform to Plumb + Square at Center
on Jun 18, 2009 at 11:57:46 pm

Hi,

So - here's the deal. I have to use Maya just to square up a model. The data we have is an .mb file and that's pretty much that. Unfortunately, the data is not quite squared up to a normal axis. It's way off from the center of the world and rotated at some cockeyed angle. We're in Maya _only_ to straighten it up because the downstream part of the workflow will take an obj exported from Maya but holds onto all of this positioning and orientation data. I'm hoping there's an easy way to just plumb this thing up so it shows up square in Terragen. Like, I'd like to be able to say, rotate yourself until this plane and the Top plane are parallel, and move all this grouped model data to 0,0,0. Sadly, I am far from even being a novice at Maya and, well - honestly it's not what I need to work in so I'd be happy if there was a quick suggestion rather than spending a day or two learning Maya for just a simple operation.

Can anyone help? It's been a long rainy day today already trying to figure out how I might go about this.

Julian

Return to posts index

Michiel Duvekot
Re: Group Transform to Plumb + Square at Center
on Jun 19, 2009 at 6:53:34 pm

Select the object, center the pivot, move the object to 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, rotate it in place freeze transformation and then reset transformations.

Michiel
http://www.thnkr.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]