FORUMS: list search recent posts

Modifying problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Winter
Modifying problem
on Jun 17, 2009 at 7:32:24 pm

Hi,

Im a newbie to maya. I have created a cube with multiple sub divisions, and when I attempt to modify on side of the cube the opposing side is also modified symmetrically.

Can someone please tell me how to stop this.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Matt Nielsen
Re: Modifying problem
on Jun 18, 2009 at 12:42:38 am

First of all how are you selecting the vertices/faces. Usually if you are drag selecting you will find that you may also select the vertices on the other side of the model. If this is the problem there are two ways to avoid this happening.

1. Use the shift select and select each vertex/face individually
2. Turn on backface culling and you will not be able to select vertices or faces on the other side of the mesh.

If either of these does not help please give a little more information regarding the problem. I hope this helps

Return to posts index

Paul Winter
on Jun 18, 2009 at 5:56:33 pm

Unfortunatly this is not the cause.

The problem applies to all points, faces and verticies. What ever I select on one side of the object will be reflected on the otherside.

Return to posts index

Ken Allison
on Jun 21, 2009 at 1:44:17 am

Hey there...

I am also very new to Maya, and I am having the same problem. Extremely frustrating. Did you figure it out?

Return to posts index

Paul Winter
on Jun 21, 2009 at 8:14:04 am

Yes I did manage to figure it out after a bit of hunting. Here's how to stop it, (depending on which modification type it is happening with will depending on how you stop it):

Modify > Transformation Tools > Move Tool (select options box)
in the options menu, under Move Reflection Settings uncheck Reflection

The same applies to the Rotate and Scale tools, by doing the same as above but by replacing the modifying method.

Hope that helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]