FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mapping Texture to 3D Text in Maya

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scot Barbour
Mapping Texture to 3D Text in Maya
on Jun 11, 2009 at 11:58:38 pm

I'm brand new to Maya but I've been able to figure out how to create 3D Text so far. The issue is, I have no idea how to apply a Texture to it... I understand that it has something to do with the Hypershade Window, but I really can't figure out how to select and apply anything to my Text.

Ultimately I'd like to apply a Movie as a Texture. But I'll take any clues I can to simply apply Marble, or whatever to the Text for now.

thanks!

Return to posts index

Scot Barbour
Re: Mapping Texture to 3D Text in Maya/ MORE INFO
on Jun 12, 2009 at 4:02:37 pm

I've been able to create a Blinn Material and have selected my Text and it seems I have been able to "apply" the material to the Text but I can't see anything other than a wireframe...

I can tell that the material has probably been applied by looking at the dialog window in the bottom right of the interface. It says "material applied to poly2 etc... which should be my Text I believe since it's the only object there is.

What am I missing here? Has the material actually been mapped to the text? If so, how do I view it and not only a wireframe?

thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Michiel Duvekot
Re: Mapping Texture to 3D Text in Maya
on Jun 12, 2009 at 4:22:58 pm

You really should read this section of the manual: Learning Resources > Tutorials > Getting Started with Maya > Polygon Texturing > Introduction

Michiel
http://www.thnkr.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]