FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working with duplicate objects

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Immanuel Morales
Working with duplicate objects
on Jun 11, 2009 at 3:31:51 am

i used to use this 'modifier' in blender called "array" which allowed me to duplicate and object using a node with position offset controls. so for instance, if i set the offset to 2" and the amount of duplications to 3, the result would be 4 total identical objects, each 2" from each other.

The Cool/Important part about it is that after those objects were in place, i could continue to modify them interactively with a slider. Does something similarly expedient and intuitive exist in maya? There were actually tons of features like this in blender when it came to modeling; there seem to be more steps necessary in maya to do all the same things. Is there a reason for that?

Dead the Fed

Return to posts index

Michiel Duvekot
Re: Working with duplicate objects
on Jun 11, 2009 at 3:53:19 am

Does something similarly expedient and intuitive exist in maya?

Not by default, no.

There were actually tons of features like this in blender when it came to modeling; there seem to be more steps necessary in maya to do all the same things. Is there a reason for that?

Other than that nobody thought it would be necessary? No. TDI Explore (one of Maya predecessors) had similar functionality, it simply never made it in, and nobody cared enough to do anything about it.

Michiel
http://www.thnkr.com

Return to posts index

Immanuel Morales
Re: Working with duplicate objects
on Jun 11, 2009 at 4:47:36 am

haha wow, that's just hilariously depressing for me.. I'm gonna go cry now.

Dead the Fed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]