FORUMS: list search recent posts

uvs in maya

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tony hayes
uvs in maya
on May 27, 2009 at 11:34:47 pm

I made a model dinosaur and laid out its uvs in headus uc layout and imported them back into maya. I placed the head in 0 to -1 space in the uv texture editor to give it more space and put the rest of the body in normal 0 to 1 space. I took a snapshot of each space, specifying for the head uvs to snapshot the 0 to -1 space and not the normal space. I textured the head uvs in photoshop. When I selected the faces of the head uvs in the 0 to -1 texture space back in the uv editor in maya and applied the texture to them, the texture map appeared in normal 0 to 1 space and rendered on various parts of the body instead of the head. What am I doing wrong please?
Tony hayes

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
Re: uvs in maya
on May 28, 2009 at 4:44:33 am

you need to keep everything in the 0 to 1 space, 0 to -1 is actually just a copy of 0-1 space

if you need more res for the head, make it take more of the space, and make a bigger texture file if you need more res

l8r

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

tony hayes
Re: uvs in maya
on Jun 1, 2009 at 5:24:21 am

Thanks Alvarro, got it now.
Tony Hayes

Return to posts index

shanker das
uvs in maya
on Jun 16, 2009 at 9:57:35 am

Dear all,
I am facing a problem with Texturing & UV mapping in Maya. When i applied some textures to a poly plane the same is mirrored in the other side of the plane.Please help me to avoid this mirroring texture on the other side of the plane.

How can i install vray for maya2008.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]