FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pasting CV Point Locations

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
April Henderson
Pasting CV Point Locations
on May 2, 2009 at 8:24:07 pm

Well...you probably know my silly story from below. I'm redoing my head model based on previous work which had messed up polygons.
Presently, I am point by point moving my new vertices into the corresponding points of my previous model. It occurred to me that copying and pasting the vertex coordinates may be faster. However, in the attributes menu I can only copy one of the 3 (x,y,z) coordinates at a time. Is there a simple fast way to copy and paste them?

thanks

Return to posts index

April Henderson
Re: Pasting CV Point Locations
on May 2, 2009 at 8:57:52 pm

Actually, seems to be going pretty fast now. I'd say no need to worry about this thread.

Return to posts index

Matt Nielsen
on May 5, 2009 at 1:54:42 am

Hey April,

I just thought that I would make a quick comment to this post. Believe me there are no silly questions or problems. These situations/issues arise from not having the appropriate knowledge and the only way to get it is by asking questions and learning the correct way of doing things. And because you have posted to this site you are actually helping out a large number of other maya users that have the same problem. So keep trying your best and remember there are lots of us on here that are willing to help you out at any time. Good luck.

Matty...

Return to posts index

April Henderson
on May 5, 2009 at 2:35:23 am

Gee thanks! That was kind. It is very complicated this maya biz. I used after effects for long time, but 2d/3d was too irritating for me.

One thing frustrating me is that it appears that paint effects only work on nurbs or polygons before they've been smoothed out. Is that correct? Texturing is turning out to be quite complex.

I'll keep studying.

Return to posts index

Matt Nielsen
on May 5, 2009 at 7:52:34 am

Hey April,

Maya can be very complicated but once you learn the workflow it will become a great deal easier, so persevere and one day it will all come together. If you are trying texture your head model you should really be looking into UV mapping. Basically what you are wanting to do is apply a face image either a jpeg or a tif to your polygonal mesh. Now UV mapping isn't that difficult but it can be quite time consuming to do correctly. What I would recommend is for you to type into your search engine "UV Mapping, tutorials, head, Maya" and basically search for any tutorials that demonstrate how to correctly map a mesh in Maya. There are a great deal of them out there so it shouldn't be too difficult to locate one. Maybe do a search on highend3d.com. They have some really good tutorials on there. I hope this helps. Good luck

Matty...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]