FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animate the visibility of objects in a group

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Crowe
Animate the visibility of objects in a group
on Apr 21, 2009 at 8:25:11 pm

I’ve attached a quick screenshot of what I’m trying to accomplish. I’m hoping someone here can help.

Basically I’m working on a model of a house and I want to animate the visibility of the certain sections (foundation, studs, drywall, roofing, siding, etc) being built.

The first way I though of doing it is creating a custom attribute for my “roof_tiles1” group. Then create set driven keys for the attribute so that when it changes through values 0-12, the objects “pCube221” - “pCube236” will appear.

That all works when I do it, but the problem arises when I try to duplicate the “roof_tiles1” group. I can’t seem to duplicate the group and have the custom attribute effect the tiles for the new group. I’ve tried several different options in the Duplicate Special menu as well. My intention is to create the animation for the one group, duplicate that several times (in order to cover the complete roof full of tiles) and then animate the rows independently.

Hopefully I explained that well enough.

Any help would be appreciated, especially if there’s an easier way of doing this.

Return to posts index

Chad Briggs
Re: Animate the visibility of objects in a group
on Apr 27, 2009 at 7:58:11 pm

So even when you use "duplicate input graph" in the duplication options, it still doesn't work?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]