FORUMS: list search recent posts

Newbie Question

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mycal Barrowclough
Newbie Question
on Mar 24, 2009 at 6:39:19 pm

Hi there. I am a total newbie and i have a question for you to point me in the right direction. I have recently gotten into doing effects in After effects and Prem Pro. This is all for fun and not for prophit. Purely a hobby. Now my next goal is to create a spaceship for my actor to get into, and then take off. I can only assume that I would use a 3d created spaceship (interior and exterior), and then animate it and add it to my composistion. Is this correct? I know that this will not be a quick and simple proceedure but i'm willing to put in the time to learn a program. What program would you suggest that I look into? Would it be Maya? Thanks for any suggestions.

Mycal Barrowclough,
Fat Monkey Media, Owner

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
Re: Newbie Question
on Mar 24, 2009 at 7:49:12 pm

Hi

I guess everybody thinks of maya as a first option, I personally like Houdini a lot more for personal projects, they give you a full app with just very small watermark in the interface an in the render, also, they have the $99 bucks version that renders HD (1920x1080) without a watermark, for personal use only.

Any way, there's also blender. which is totally absolutely incredibly FREE, is a great app, and you can do just about everything you can in maya, without paying.

I recommend you look into those 2 option before you spend money, they might be exactly what you need.

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

Juan Torres
Re: Newbie Question
on Mar 24, 2009 at 8:07:10 pm

There are a few programs you can look into, I am a student at the moment and have worked with XSI,CAD,Maya,and 3DS Max. Maya is my favorite, its a little more animation friendly if you ask me, modeling is fairly straight forward. 3DS Max is more for architectural modeling in my opinion. XSI is awesome with motion graphics and modeling. CAD I have used to model mechanical items. I love working with AE and Maya.

Keep It Real

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]