FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to paint directly on the geometry using the 3d paint tool

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carl Nuechterlein
how to paint directly on the geometry using the 3d paint tool
on Mar 23, 2009 at 8:27:23 pm

Hi-

I'm brand new to the 3d world and to this forum. Forgive me if I've not gone about the proper channels to ask this question but any help would be appreciated. My tutorial left me hangin when it had me create a flood color for my entire model, then it said to paint directly on the geometry and I hit a road block. I selected the color in the color attribute from the 3D paint tool box but was unable to paint directly on my geometry in the persp view. I tried highlighting the various Artisan brushes , even changing their radiuses but all to no luck .

Thank you for your help.

-Carl

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
Re: how to paint directly on the geometry using the 3d paint tool
on Mar 23, 2009 at 9:43:51 pm

Hi

You first need to have a texture to paint to, in the 3D paint tool, look below and find the assign/Edit Textures button and click it, set the properties and click the button on the floating window

now you can paint

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

Carl Nuechterlein
Re: how to paint directly on the geometry using the 3d paint tool
on Mar 23, 2009 at 10:31:48 pm

Alvaro-

Thank you very much for your response but I already did this as you suggested. For some strange reason when I selected the options box from the 3d paint tool I was able to paint for a brief period of time then strangely enough my painting privelege was revoked and I could no longer paint on my 3d geometry. Realize this is the first time I've ever done this.

Could we talk over the phone?

Thank you so very much for your help.

-Carl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]