FORUMS: list search recent posts

Merging Halved Edges

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Amanda Shortt
Merging Halved Edges
on Mar 6, 2009 at 7:06:03 pm

I'm new to Maya and am still learning basics, but I've run into a problem. Here's what happens:

I use the Edge Loop Tool, or the Add Divisions tool, to create divisions on a polygon. Later, I need to delete some of the edges created. But when I delete an edge that at one point cuts or touches another edge, that edge it once touched remains cut up. So if I try and select that edge as a whole edge, it won't let me--I have to select the two parts of the edge, even though there's not any UV or visible gap separating them.

Sorry if that was confusing. Here's a better analogy:

Say there's a 'T.'

When I delete the vertical line of the 'T,' the horizontal line still registers as two parts: the left half, and the right half, split down the middle from where the vertical line of the 'T' used to touch. Is there a tool or anything I can use that will merge these two halves back into one edge?

The Merge Edge tool doesn't seem to work for this type of situation--but I might just be using it wrong.

Thanks so much for any help!! I can't find an answer anywhere else, and even though it's a simple problem it's become pretty debilitating. Thanks again!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]