FORUMS: list search recent posts

hardware texturing

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tony hayes
hardware texturing
on Jan 21, 2009 at 6:06:10 am

When I open the material atrribute editor and scroll down to hardware texturing to open it I'm only presented with two choices, Textured channel and Material alpha gain. The drop down menu on Textured channel presents no other choice than None.
On the Gnomonology realistic eyeball tutorial the hardware texturing tab offers four choices, Textured channel, Texture resolution, Texture filter and material alpha gain. I'm using maya 2008. Any reason for this lack of options?
Tony Hayes

Return to posts index

Alvaro Castaneda
Re: hardware texturing
on Jan 21, 2009 at 5:01:48 pm

yeah

is a nasty maya bug, when you create a new material and RENAME IT to anything else,. this stuff happens, maya is looking for the default name, you can keep your name by saving and restart maya and your options pop up. this should not happen if you don't rename the material, ugly right?

----------------------
varomix - pixelEater
http://www.intelianimate.com

Return to posts index

tony hayes
on Jan 22, 2009 at 12:57:57 pm

Thanks Alvarro
Fantastic. It seems to be the case.
Many thanks
Tony Hayes

Return to posts index

andrew strautz
on Apr 21, 2009 at 9:09:13 pm

I have a similar problem although mine is complicated by the fact that I have transparency. I can't get maya to display my transparency unless i mess with the hardware texturing tab, in 8.5 it at least worked some of the time though in 2009 I get the Default texture but.

it seems like a critical enough problem that the devs would have either fixed it before its release or pushed back the release until they fixed it. its strange that they didn't on top of that they made a casual note to it in the help files giving no hint as to how to work around it

(for a citation see the help file on projection textures)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]