FORUMS: list search recent posts

static textures not static heeelllllllppppppppp

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
neil archer
static textures not static heeelllllllppppppppp
on Jan 17, 2009 at 3:09:12 pm

ello all having bad trouble puting a texture on to an object, ive created a uv map and i put that into photoshop and did me bit took it back into maya and applied it to the object, it went fine lokked great untill i moved it and the texture went off of the mapping.
so i though ( as i am so very new to this game ) i would make the object again using polly and nowt else ( the first one had two holes made with booleans) and with no success. cant find any help anywhere else or even that someone else has even had this problem
all help will be so gratfully recived as im going out of my mind trying to get my head round this programe

Return to posts index

Lars Bunch
Re: static textures not static heeelllllllppppppppp
on Jan 17, 2009 at 4:06:31 pm

Hi,

Is it possible that you are using a 3D texture placement node? If so, if you move your object without parenting the placement node to the object, the texture will move. To parent the placement node, make sure it is visible (It should be a green grid cube in your scene) select it and then shift-select your object and press "p"

I can't think of any other reasons why your texture would shift on your object as you move it. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Hope this helps.

Lars

Return to posts index

neil archer
Re: static textures not static heeelllllllppppppppp
on Jan 17, 2009 at 10:27:48 pm

erm well my proces was produce a polly object and delete all the history
i the double clicked on the lambert material that had automaticaly assinged to it, and the clicked on color and in 2d textures ( that was on normal )i clicked file and loaded my photoshop texture ,i then went to create uv's and went to automatic mapping and then stiched to uv's together how i wanted them and placed them where i wanted them.
thats all that i have done ( and thats all ive seen in all of the tutorials that i have seen.
i have no placement node or green grid cube or anything else in my scene apart from my polly object.
through experimentation i have found that this only happens when automatic mapping is used as this is the only way i know how to get the textures where i want them without doing that projection thing.
really had enough of this programe thinking of going back to lightwave cant ever get all of the plugins to work but i get further than this

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]