FORUMS: list search recent posts

Depth Pass Shader Problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Walczak
Depth Pass Shader Problem
on Jan 13, 2009 at 9:54:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I am trying to render a depth pass in Maya 2008. I enable the render layer like I always do (right-click the layer > presets > luminance depth), but I am getting a strange, never-before-seen error. Everything in my scene with the exception of a few objects are rendering as a normal depth pass, however, the other objects are rendering with a gray shader that is registering some lights. Basically, my scene looks like I mistakenly applied the depth shader to a few objects, while others are left alone. Furthermore, when I inspect the Material Attributes for the objects that render normal (i.e. seemingly no depth shader), they apparently have the depth shader applied to them.

Hopefully I am being clear in my decription. Unfortunately, I can't post any images.

The deadline is tight on this one, so I would really appreciate a prompt response.

I have tried the following solutions, to no avail:

- Restarting Maya
- Deleting all lights in my scene
- Applying the depth shader by hand

Peace,
Mark

Return to posts index

Mark Walczak
Re: Depth Pass Shader Problem
on Jan 21, 2009 at 3:02:39 pm

Hey,

Just to let you guys know, I was able to quickly solve this problem by simply rendering in Mental Ray. I always render my depth passes using Maya Software, but I guess this was a last-ditch fix.

Peace,

Mark

What makes you explode?
http://www.explosivegraffix.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]