FORUMS: list search recent posts

Thinking it's Keyframe problem

COW Forums : Autodesk Maya

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ken Tegtmeyer
Thinking it's Keyframe problem
on Jan 8, 2009 at 4:40:19 pm

I have my niece working with me on a project. She's had maya classes, but we are stuck, with no resources. (I have hired someone with experience but he doesn't start for two weeks yet).

Working on a surgery model of a trachea. We have cut a tube in half and separated it, now we are trying to modify those two halves. Problem is that any time she manipulates either half, the entire timeline shows the changes.

It seems like a simple keyframe issue, but we can't figure it out. Thanks for any help.

Ken

Return to posts index

Adam Benson
Re: Thinking it's Keyframe problem
on Jan 12, 2009 at 11:59:21 pm

Have you looked at the Graph Editor? If not, try selecting your object, and then go to Windows > Animation Editors > Graph Editor. With the object selected in the window the Graph Editor will show you any key frames associated with it. Mouse over the graph editor and hit the "F" key on the keyboard to zoom out on everything within the time line.
If there are animation curves there you should be able to just select and delete them, BUT make sure that your time scrubber is set to the place in the time line that you WANT it to look like BEFORE you delete, or Maya will leave the model looking like the nearest key frame.
Last piece of advice I have would be to make sure that the "Auto Key Frame" feature is turned off. It is a tiny little Key icon in the lower right hand corner of the workspace. If it's lit up red, then you're "recording" everything that you do. Simply click it to turn it off. That will keep things from getting animated while you're doing your modeling. You may also decide to delete your construction history, by choosing Edit > Delete All By Type > History. But be careful before you do this! It will also delete any rigging, morph or other deformers that you have in place. Maybe save the version you have now, and save a new version before trying this.
Hope this helps.

Adam Benson
Visual Effects Artist/Musician/Sound Engineer/Editor
http://www.sleepdeprivedproductions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]